- 1 How do you transport a cake safely?
- 2 Can I transport a two tier cake?
- 3 How do you transport a 3 tier buttercream cake?
- 4 Do you need cake boards between tiers?
- 5 Can I take a wedding cake on a plane?
- 6 How do you transport a wedding cake in hot weather?
- 7 How do I ship a decorated cake?
- 8 Can you stack a wedding cake the night before?
How do you transport a cake safely?
Instead place your cake on a flat, level surface, such as in the trunk of the car. For added stability, use a non-skid mat (or even that yoga mat in your trunk) to prevent the boxes from sliding around. Keep temperature inside and outside the car in mind. Cakes should be kept cool to prevent melting.
Can I transport a two tier cake?
It is OK to transport a two or three- tier assembled cakes, but taller cakes are best assembled at the event venue. I transport each tier on its own, either in a cake pan or a cake box.
How do you transport a 3 tier buttercream cake?
Here is my two cents, as a home baker who has done this now several times.
- Do all the decorating prior to stacking the tiers.
- Stack the tiers of your cake at home.
- Properly dowel the cake tiers.
- Chill the cake for 24 hours.
- Use non-skid padding.
- Make your car cold.
- Drive like no one else is on the road.
Do you need cake boards between tiers?
Before you can stack a cake, all of the layers must be leveled, even and finished with buttercream or fondant. Every tier should be on a cake board (cardboard round or other shape), and the bottom tier should be on a thicker cake board to support all of that weight.
Can I take a wedding cake on a plane?
Can you bring cake on an airplane in your checked baggage? Yes, you can bring cake in your checked baggage when boarding a flight within the United States. You can bring as much cake as you’d like in your allowable checked luggage.
How do you transport a wedding cake in hot weather?
Carefully place the cake on top of the flat ice-packs and cover it with the longer top of the box. This Traps all the coldness inside the box. Carefully move the box to the vehicle. Place a non-skid mat under the box in the car to avoid it from moving around.
How do I ship a decorated cake?
How to Ship A Cake
- Package the cake tightly in a fitted styrofoam mailer.
- Insert frozen cool packs around the cake to keep it fresh.
- Place the styrofoam mailer inside a sturdy cardboard box.
- Seal the box with high-quality shipping tape.
- Mark the outside of your box.
- Ship your cake.
Can you stack a wedding cake the night before?
How far in advance can wedding cakes be stacked? It’s best to leave the icing to dry overnight before stacking. However, place all the dowelss in before the icing dries to prevent cracking when the dowel are pushed in.