- 1 What color shoes go with a navy blue dress?
- 2 What shoes go with a navy wedding dress?
- 3 Is it OK to wear black shoes with a navy dress?
- 4 What is a complementary color to navy blue?
- 5 How do you accessorize a navy blue dress?
- 6 What jewelry goes with navy blue dress?
- 7 What color hose do you wear with a navy blue dress?
- 8 What Colour goes with navy blue for a wedding?
- 9 Can I wear navy blue to a wedding?
- 10 Why is navy and black bad?
- 11 What color shoes do I wear with a blue dress?
- 12 What Colour shoes should I wear with a navy suit?
- 13 Does GREY go with navy blue?
- 14 What are the 3 best colors that go together?
- 15 Does gray go with navy blue?
The colors that go with navy blue are golden, silver, black, brown, or pink shoes. You can settle for coral, grey, or olive-grey shoes too! Try to keep the contrast. You can wear navy blue shoes with a navy blue dress also.
Exactly Which Color Shoes to Wear With Every Navy Dress Style
- Black Clogs. Pinterest. Favorite.
- White Sandals. Pinterest. Favorite.
- Metallic Sandals. Pinterest. Favorite.
- Black Strappy Sandals. Pinterest. Favorite.
- Tall Brown Boots. Pinterest.
- Chain-Embellished Heels. Pinterest.
- Brown Heels. Pinterest.
- Pale Yellow Mules. Pinterest.
As for shoes, you can ignore that old ” navy and black don’t mix” rule once and for all: Pairing your dress with black heels makes a flattering, sophisticated statement. Other footwear options: silver and gold (which really do go with everything), or a matching navy, which feels fresh.
Similar to yellow, gold makes a brilliant complement to navy blue. Incorporate the color into your navy blue room with metallic gold accents or gold -toned wood finishes on floors, furniture, or trim. This radiant hue is especially helpful for lightening up dark navy blue colors to ward off a gloomy look.
For formal wear, it is best to accessorize your navy blue dress with a neutrally colored shoe, such as nude hues, champagne or pale gold, or a soft mauve. Wearing neutral shoes doesn’t mean you have to skip the latest trends and you can add a flash of color or sparkle in your jewelry, but keep the shoes subdued.
Gold Accessories Gold pairs well with navy blue because of the way the dark color of your dress creates a chic backdrop for glitzy and bright accessories. Unlike silver that complements your dress’ color, gold is designed to stand out from your dark dress color.
If you are very tall, neutral color hose will be very stylish with your navy blue dress and navy shoes. Sheer black hose would also look good with a navy blue lace dress. Sheer colored hosiery looks better for dressy events. If you are on the shorter side very sheer black hose would give you a taller appearance.
Navy blue has been a hot wedding color for the past few years and still will be a trendy wedding color for 2017. It looks particularly nice when combined with burgundy, green, metallic gold, grey, mint, as well as warmer pastel tones such as peach, orange, and pink.
A wedding after 6:00 p.m. dictates a more formal evening atmosphere where long gowns are appropriate, in jewel tones, navy, or even metallic gold or silver. Men should wear suits and ties during the day and a black or dark navy blue tuxedo at night.
The idea is that a suit should be made from the same cloth, which will be the same colour. But a suit jacket in navy and a suit pants in black gives the impression you’re trying to make these two pieces into a suit. It’s a rule so you don’t look like you’re forcing a match/mistakenly wearing separate pieces of a suit. 5
What color shoes do I wear with a blue dress?
If you’re wanting a shoe color to light blue dress combo that is in tune with the most popular metallic as of late, you can opt for a gold shoe. Or even a rose gold shoe, if you’re feeling up to it! A light blue dress and gold shoes works great for a wedding or cocktail party look.
The best shoes to wear with a navy suit are black, navy or cognac: keep within these tones for a foolproof office look. The most understated option, black will always look sharp with a navy suit. This will always be the most straightforward choice, since you don’t need to consider different shades.
3. Grey and navy blue. As with any dark paint colour it’s important to balance it with large areas of neutral to stop it being too overbearing in a room. The rich navy mixes beautifully with pale greys and lighter blues to create a gentle, natural colour combination.
What are the 3 best colors that go together?
To give you a feel of what does and doesn’t work, here are a few of our favorite three-color combinations:
- Beige, Brown, Dark Brown: Warm and Reliable.
- Blue, Yellow, Green: Youthful and Wise.
- Dark Blue, Turquoise, Beige: Confident and Creative.
- Blue, Red, Yellow: Funky and Radiant.
Gray. Gray is the perfect complement to navy.