- 1 How do you plan an LGBT wedding?
- 2 Who walks down the aisle at a gay wedding?
- 3 Do gay weddings have a best man?
- 4 What do you say at a gay wedding?
- 5 Can I have two best Mans?
- 6 What do you give a gay couple for a wedding gift?
- 7 What are bridesmaids called in a gay wedding?
- 8 How do you address a wedding card to a gay couple?
How do you plan an LGBT wedding?
9 Tips for Planning a Great LGBT Wedding
- Put some love into your ceremony.
- Don’t discard tradition.
- Personalize, personalize, personalize.
- Relax and let someone else do the grunt work.
- Go with the flow.
- Be yourself.
- Have two aisles.
- Only invite those who are happy for you.
Who walks down the aisle at a gay wedding?
Rather than having the Father of the Bride walk her down the aisle, many gay couples are choosing to have both parents accompany them down the aisle. This is a beautiful way to acknowledge the role your parents have played in your life and recognise them as equal contributors.
Do gay weddings have a best man?
Best men /women/siblings/ex-wives “Well, with gay weddings, it seems that gender is not a factor in choosing best men or maids of honour. Instead, we’ve seen all sorts of people fill these special positions. Female friends, sisters or even ex-wives have taken on the role in some of our male weddings!”
What do you say at a gay wedding?
“Standing proud with the two of you in celebration of your marriage.” “We love and support you, and we’re so proud of you.” “Crying lots of proud and happy tears for you!” “Full of pride for the joyful, fun, loving, made-for-each-other couple you are.”
Can I have two best Mans?
There’s no need to choose just one person to stand by your side. In fact, having two best men is not only perfectly acceptable from an etiquette standpoint, but it’s also the easiest way to honor two important people in your life.
What do you give a gay couple for a wedding gift?
16 Wedding Gift Ideas for Same-Sex Couples
- Wifey Pillowcases. And these wifey pillowcases from Etsy shop Creative Pillow LV are so cute, too.
- Personalized Cutting Board. Kitchen accessories are a classic and appreciated gift.
- Vow Books.
- Luxe Robe Set.
- Hers and Hers Card.
- Two Grooms Card.
- Personalized Silverware.
- Luggage Tags.
What are bridesmaids called in a gay wedding?
They could be your “bridesmen” or “men-of-honor.” Likewise, grooms may appoint “groomswomen,” “groomsmaids,” or “best women.” Or, choose a completely genderless term, such as “attendants” or “party people.”
How do you address a wedding card to a gay couple?
If the same-sex couple is married, you should write both names on the same line, and separate them with the word “and.” You can choose to give each name its own title; for example: “Mr. Dan Brown and Mr. John Smith” or “Mrs.