- 1 Can you buy fake wedding cakes?
- 2 What can I use instead of a wedding cake?
- 3 What can I use for fake frosting?
- 4 How do I make a fake cardboard cake?
- 5 Why do people make fake cakes?
- 6 How much does a dummy cake cost?
- 7 What is dummy cake tier?
- 8 How do you make a cheap wedding cake?
- 9 Is it OK to not have a wedding cake?
- 10 Do guests eat the wedding cake?
Can you buy fake wedding cakes?
Fake wedding cakes are a great way of adding height to a cake. Say you have a venue with a tall ceiling, but you only need a three tier cake to cater for your guests. Having fake tiers gives you the extra height you want.
What can I use instead of a wedding cake?
Below, 33 of our favorite alternative ideas to the classic wedding cake.
- 01 of 33. Embrace a Breakfast Classic.
- 02 of 33. Choose Savory Cheeses.
- 03 of 33. Add a Macaron Twist.
- 04 of 33. Dress Up a Childhood Classic.
- 05 of 33. Make a Doughnut Tower.
- 06 of 33. Wow With Waffles.
- 07 of 33. Consider Cheesecake.
- 08 of 33. Opt For Cake Pops.
What can I use for fake frosting?
Recipe for fake frosting
- 3 cups flour.
- 2 tablespoons salt.
- 1 cup cold water.
- 1 cup hot water.
- Food coloring.
How do I make a fake cardboard cake?
- Step 1: Print & Cut the Template. Print out the template and cut it out.
- Step 2: Trace and Cut the Circles Out of Cardboard.
- Step 3: Hot Glue the Soda Cans in Place.
- Step 4: Repeat.
- Step 5: Measure and the Cut Cake Sides.
- Step 6: Cut Triangles.
- Step 7: Tape the Paper to the Cardboard.
- Step 8: Repeat.
Why do people make fake cakes?
“The pros of using dummy tiers is that you can get crazy extravagant with the décor and size of the cake,” says Cribb. The foam tiers are lighter, so they’re more stable, and they’re easier to stack perfectly straight. “You can do anything with a dummy cake that you can do with real cake,” says Cribb.
How much does a dummy cake cost?
How much does a dummy cake cost? Typical pricing will range from $7 for a single tier to as much as $45 for a 6-tier set of cake dummies.
What is dummy cake tier?
Dummy tiers are essentially polystyrene blocks. They come as rounds or squares and can be straight edged or rounded. What are they for? Cake dummies are used most commonly for display cakes. These are for wedding shows, window displays, photoshoots etc.
How do you make a cheap wedding cake?
Instead, speak openly with your cake baker, tap into your creativity and use these straightforward tips so you don’t have sacrifice this sweet detail.
- Order a small display cake.
- Keep it simple.
- Pare down your flowers (or choose real ones).
- Be resourceful with your cake display.
- Serve smaller slices.
- Choose buttercream.
Is it OK to not have a wedding cake?
Since you’re serving a dessert course after dinner, there is no need to have a large cake, too. Ultimately, it’s your wedding, and if a cake or a dessert cutting isn’t for you, then don’t worry about it. Guests will be just as happy with the other special treats that you have planned.”
Do guests eat the wedding cake?
If you are not having other desserts, then the honest answer is that you should order cake for your guest count or at least 85-90% of your guest count. Why? Because the majority of guests will eat dessert on special occasions and do especially eat delicious cake. People eat food (including desserts) that taste good.