- 1 How much does it cost to make your own wedding cake?
- 2 Can you make your own wedding cake?
- 3 How early can you make a wedding cake?
- 4 What type of cake is best for wedding?
- 5 How much does a cake for 50 cost?
- 6 Is it cheaper to do a wedding cake or cupcakes?
- 7 Is it worth it to make your own wedding cake?
- 8 Why you shouldn’t make your own wedding cake?
- 9 How many layers should a wedding cake have?
- 10 How much does a 2 tier wedding cake cost?
- 11 What can I have instead of a wedding cake?
- 12 What icing goes on wedding cakes?
- 13 How far ahead can I make a cake?
How much does it cost to make your own wedding cake?
The total cost of my DIY cake was about $800 for 100 people. That’s $8 a slice for a plainly frosted 4-tier wedding cake! I could have easily paid $2-$3 for a similar professionally-made cake.
Can you make your own wedding cake?
Only bake your own wedding cake for the right reasons. If you’re doing it because you can ‘t afford a fancy bakery one, either go without a cake (no one will mind, and many won’t even notice!) or opt for a simple supermarket cake and add some decorations.
How early can you make a wedding cake?
Prep what you can weeks ahead. Cake layers can be made a few weeks in advance as long as they cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap and foil and frozen. Thaw in the fridge a day before icing so the cakes can defrost slowly.
What type of cake is best for wedding?
The Best Wedding Cake Flavor Ideas and Combinations
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cake. A decadent chocolate cake brushed with Chambord Liqueur and filled with dark chocolate ganache and a hint of raspberry preserves.
- Salted Caramel Cake.
- Lemon Summer Berry.
- Tuxedo Torte.
How much does a cake for 50 cost?
|14 inch||50 -60||$90.00|
Is it cheaper to do a wedding cake or cupcakes?
Cupcakes are cheaper. This is the number one reason we chose cupcakes over a traditional wedding cake. I learned that wedding cakes are charged by the slice, and each slice is around $2.50. Cupcakes, however, are charged by how many you have, and only cost about $1 a piece.
Is it worth it to make your own wedding cake?
Tiered wedding cakes can be extremely expensive, and making your own wedding cake can be a great way for to save money. Wedding cakes usually run $4-$6 per serving. With that in mind, the price of a wedding cake can add up quickly if you plan to have a big wedding!!
Why you shouldn’t make your own wedding cake?
” Making your own wedding cake on top of planning your own wedding is just more stress.” Even if you regularly find baking a relaxing activity, “being tethered to the kitchen the morning of the wedding may be more stressful than you think!” says Maggie Austin of Maggie Austin Cake.
How many layers should a wedding cake have?
Wedding Cake and Filling Recipes Remember, each tier consists of two layers. This fluffy homemade vanilla cake recipe is formulated to make exactly 4 cups of batter, so it’s just right for making the top tier. To make the middle tier just double the recipe, and for the bottom tier make sure to triple it.
How much does a 2 tier wedding cake cost?
|25||2 – Tier||$100.00|
|50||2 – Tier||$175.00|
|60||2 – Tier||$205.00|
What can I have instead of a wedding cake?
Top 10 Wedding Cake Alternatives
- 1 1. Cheese.
- 2 2. Macarons.
- 3 3. Doughnuts.
- 4 4. Cake pops.
- 5 5. Croquembouche.
- 6 6. Dessert table.
- 7 7. Cupcakes.
- 8 8. Pancakes.
What icing goes on wedding cakes?
Fondant: Fondant icing, on the other hand, is a traditional wedding favourite as it gives the cake a very smooth and polished appearance. Fondant is made from powdered sugar, corn syrup and water, melted together to form a thick paste.
How far ahead can I make a cake?
No matter what you’re making, working in advance can save a ton of time.
- Cakes can be baked up to two days in advance, stored tightly wrapped with plastic wrap in the fridge or at room temperature.
- Fondant or gum paste decorations can be made weeks in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.